Hi there, since many people are new to Valhalla or lans in general, and since others have observed that the rules are unofficial, heres the official rule set for the lan itself.
Section A. Tickets
Tickets may be purchased from the following locations:
Adelaine Online Computers - Kent Town
Engineering IT - Kent Town
GameQuest - City
GameTraders - Marion
Gametraders - Norwood
Gametraders - Port Adelaide
GameTraders - Salisbury
Valhalla maintains no credit card or direct debit facilities at this time. All ticket outlet purchases must be made in cash. Tickets not sold by 4pm friday afternoon the day before the lan will be available from the door.
1. For your $20 ticket you recieve - one seat, one power socket and one network port. If you use more than this, an admin may require you to change your configuration.
1a) A $5 console competitor ticket entitles you to no guaranteed seats, power or network.
1b) Spectator tickets recieve no benefits, however they may use any Free play equipment available at the time.
2. Your $20 ticket entitles you to participate in any and all competitions that valhalla may run during the course of the day and also recieve the benefits of the bbq for such a time as that service remains free.
2a) Your $5 ticket entitles you to enter any console competitions where the cocnsole is supplied by valhalla for the purposes of that competition, you are also entitled to participate in any sporting or other competition not requiring your own equipment during this time.
Section B - Personal Equipment
1. No personal heaters, toasters, kettles or other vast energy consuming appliances are permitted at this event. In extrememly warm weather, you may be permitted to be bring a fan provided we have the power to support it. If you are unsure please email email@example.com
2. Dedicated servers may be admitted to the server farm at the discretion of the server/network admins (in this case, Aetherone). These servers should be for games and game related materials only.
2a) Valhalla maintains its own file servers for up to date game patches and other materials which are freely available to all.
2b) Dedicated file servers are not permitted at Valhalla unless approved by a committee member. Dedicated servers found to be transmitting warez or other illegal materials will be disconnected from the network for the duration of the lan.
2c) Any computer or device found to contain child pornography will be switched off, confiscated and handed over to the apropriate authorities without warning or exception.
3. All personal equipment is brought at the owners own risk and Valhalla accepts no liability for theft or damage to any equipment except where Valhalla may be borrowing for lan purposes.
3a) Valhalla strongly recommends that any valuables or easily removed materials be secured or supervised at all times.
3b) Persons found to be tampering with another persons gear in a manner deemed harmful by the owner/admins will be ejected from the lan.
3c) Persons found to be stealing from any person at the event will be banned from attending valhalla lans, and may, should the situation call for it be referred to the Police department.
4. Valhalla supplies enough power for your PC/Laptop and monitor. Dual monitors are not permitted. An admin can also ask you to switch off excessive numbers of external hdds. Phone chargers, UPS and other high power consuming devices are not permitted.
5. Valhalla requests that anyone with a monitor ot television larger than 30 inches or 51cm notify the admin team when booking seats.
Section C - Behaviour
Please remember that Valhalla is an all ages event, that also has a number of female attendees.
1. Try to be respectful to those around you at all times, this doesnt mean you cant have fun, just dont be abusive (and yes Im included)
2. Pornography may not be visible on any screen or visual device or image during the course of the lan.
3. Anyone fighting or abusing another person at a lan, will if circumstances warrant it, be ejected from the lan.
4. Cleaning up after yourselves would be a tremendous help to those of us who packup in the early hours of sunday morning.
Section D - Food, Alcohol and other consumption
1. You may bring your own foods and beverages to the event, there is a canteen on site and valhalla maintains relationships with several fast food vendors to deliver to the event.
2. Consumption of alcohol at a valhalla event is prohibited. All valhalla events are alcohol free
3. Consumption of drugs or any other narcotic at any premises where valhalla is held is also prohibited.
4. Trade in any of the above is prohibited.
5. Persons under the influence of either may be asked to leave the venue if disruptive.
6. Valhalla is a smokefree event (unless the bbq catches fire again)
Section E - Competitions and Prizes
1. Complaints about competition results must be lodged before the prizes are awarded for the competition. If no complaint has been lodged then that person or clan will be deemed the winner for that LAN event.
2. If you arent satisfied with the decision of an admin, you may seek the advice of a committee member. All committee decisions are final.
3. Abusing an admin or committee member may result in ejection or banning, depending on the circumstances.
4. Admins are eligible to win prizes so long as they are not involved in the running of that competition, and have no responsibility for organisation or server supervision during the event. Committee members may not win prizes under any circumstance.
Section F - Committee and Admin List 2009 -2010
* All committee members are forum moderators
LegionX (Brett Gregory) - Association President and Console King
Czr (Cezar Trefoi) - Association Treasurer and CSS Chief
Hobo-jo (Joesph Skewes) - Association Secretary and Console Admin
Aetherone (Matthew Donnon) - Networks
Wookie (Jason Lassey) - Association Public officer and LAN Operations Manager
LAN Admins -
Commander El (PC Gaming Co-ordinator)
The committee can be reached through committee [at] valhalla.net.au